The Undisputed Leader in Marketplace Transactions
Simple Energy’s Marketplace consistently drives the highest rate of energy-saving product transactions in the U.S., for utilities such as Exelon Utilities, Southern Company, National Grid, Xcel Energy, Central Hudson Gas & Electric, and Orange & Rockland.
In January of this year, a large Northeast IOU released their 2016 Q4 marketplace results from their partnership with Competitor X. Additionally, another Northeast state released their state-wide catalog results over the last six years, which were powered by Competitor Y. During this same period, Simple Energy drove incredible results across multiple product categories with Marketplaces for large IOUs in the Southeast and Midwest.
Simple Energy Marketplace Results
- Southeast IOU: 9,200% greater transactions vs. Competitor X
- Midwest IOU: 11,200% greater transactions vs. Competitor X
- Lighting sales: 76 times greater transactions vs. Competitor Y
- The total gross merchandise sales volume for these Simple Energy partners in 2016, Q4 alone was more than $4.6 million.
- Simple Energy’s Marketplace drove ~23,000 multi-product Marketplace purchases with utility customers in the Southeast and Midwest versus Competitor X’s 154 transactions with the Northeast IOU.
Simple Energy Differentiators
Our results reflect a unique approach to consumer engagement that motivates customers to take action. How did we drive so many transactions?
- A curated product category approach
- Rebates instantly applied at the point of sale
- The support of an exceptional marketing plan
- Multi-channel (online chat, phone, email) customer support team
- In all, a seamless and delightful customer experience
- Simple Energy’s model drives transactions at an exponentially higher rate than Competitor X’s referral model and Competitor Y’s online stores.
- Utility customers want micro-targeted marketing and offers, an easy way to shop, the ability to apply instant online rebates and the ability to purchase a wide variety of products and services directly.
- When that happens, they take advantage of offers, complete transactions and have more valuable relationships and higher satisfaction with their utility.